You will need to apply for National Police Checks for both you and your partner (if applicable) directly to the Victorian Police. There is a fee involved for each application and this is payable to the Victorian Police. The fee is located on the Victorian Police website. Police checks can take up to 3 weeks and we cannot proceed with treatment without sighting the original police check.
In order to complete the National Police Check form please:
- Visit the Victorian Police website and download the pdf "Online application form for the National Police Certificate"
- In "Section A: type of check required" mark the "National name check"
- In "Section E: Purpose of check" "Option 1" mark "Contact with children" and under "Other" write "IVF APPLICATION"
- Submit the completed application
- Please submit the original form to a Number 1 Fertility team member and we will return the original Police Check to you once sighted.
Overseas and Interstate patients will need to complete a Police Check however this will be through the Australian Federal Police. For further details please contact our counselling department.
You will also need to complete a Child Protection Order Check (CPOC) please use this link.